A dream come true


Sorry about all this mess with the pictures. I guess I still need to learn a few things.



We have now been home from Hawaii for 2 days and I'm finally getting around to telling you all about the great time we had. I don't know where to start. Actually, looking out the plane window as we are flying is one of my favorite things because it looks like such a perfect world from the air. In the flatland there are perfect squares cut out by roads and the winding rivers are so neat looking. But flying over the mountains was amazing! I was so glad it was a clear day so I could see flying over the Rocky mountains in Montana. When we got closer to Hawaii and you could see through the clouds and see the ocean but when you looked across there was clouds but they looked like icebergs peeking out of the ocean. It was really neat! But Hawaii was everything you've ever seen in pictures. Every tree, bush, vine had flowers on it. Totally awesome! On Kauai we went on a boat up the Waimea River to the Fern Grotto and they had entertainment, a family played guitar and ukelele and sang and the girls did a hula to the songs. They even taught us a hula. They chickens all over the island of Kauai running wild because after the hurricane in 1992 no one bother to round up the chickens so they just were left out in the wild and now are just like any other wild bird. On Hawaii we went to Volcanoes Nat. Park. Our bus driver was really great and talked alot about the island. We had some side trips to the Thurston Lava tube, an orchid garden and the Mauna Loa Macadamia nut factory. It was a full day. Maui was by far my favorite island. It is so beautiful everywhere you look. We rented a Mustang convertible both days we were there. The first day we drove up the Hana Highway which is very narrow and curvy but the waterfalls are great! It was worth it. The next day we just hung out on the beach and I went swimming(actually floating ) in the ocean. It was such a beautiful day that day. The cruise was wonderful and the food was just as great as you always hear it is. We were not much for the late night activities. I was always ready for bed at 9pm. One night we did go to a show called "Sea Legs Cirque". It was fantastic! There was singing, dancing, gymnastics, circus type acts and the costumes were amazing. Unfortunately no photography was allowed to didn't get any pics. At the end of the show 2 of the cruise staff came out and sang a song about being a family and then all the cruise staff came out and sang along. It was kind of a final thank you. But it had me crying. Our final day on Oahu we spent hanging out on Waikiki Beach and got in a free hula show which was really fun. And no I didn't go snorkeling but we did go on a glass bottom boat and got to see lots of fish, and I didn't get brave enough to go surfing either and we didn't go to a luau but we did get to see hula dancers other times for free so we saved ourselves some money. But it was definately a place I would love to go to again. It just makes me in awe of what an amazing creator God we serve. And the beauty He has put on this earth for our enjoyment. I can't wait to see what heaven is like if this is just a taste of what's to come!! PS: I need help getting these pictures to go where I want them too!

4 Comments:
At 12:35 PM,
Schlomo said…
Well it sounds like you had a grand time. I'm glad you got to go and enjoy it. I'm sure you'll go again, once you get a taste of paradise, you have to go back for seconds :)
Welcome home!
At 1:09 PM,
Jennifer LeAnn said…
A Mustang Convertable?! You two really went all out! Good for you!
I can't wait to see the rest of your pictures! And the dancing - do we get a hula demonstration?
I'm so glad you had a good time.
At 1:10 PM,
Jennifer LeAnn said…
P.S. Those sail boats are incredible! Looks like I painting. I love it!
At 5:53 PM,
kayla said…
so glad to hear that you had a fabulous time! i loved hawaii when i passed through it those few times on my way to Majuro. what memories! you'll never forget them!
can't wait to see pictures at home sometime :)
Post a Comment
<< Home