Pearl Harbor remembered
Yesterday I actually remembered that it was the anniversary of the bombing of Pearl Harbor and yes, Gary's birthday. Happy Birthday Gary! if you are reading this. So to commemorate the day we rented "Pearl Harbor". Whenever I watch a war movie I am reminded of the amazing job that the men and women in the military do to defend our freedoms. I sometimes wonder if I could be so brave. I would like to take this moment to thank those in the armed services who risk their lives everyday in the name of freedom. I pray for them daily.
I also realized that a month from now I will be at the very spot on Oahu where the battle took place and will probably visit the memorial there. I can't believe it will be so soon!
I also realized that a month from now I will be at the very spot on Oahu where the battle took place and will probably visit the memorial there. I can't believe it will be so soon!

1 Comments:
At 5:06 PM,
barberboy said…
Oooh, that's right, you guys will be in Hawaii in only a month!! That's exciting.
And thanks for the reminder to be thankful. Forgetting about their death and forgetting that there are things worth dying for completely negates what they were fighting for. It's good to remember and keep remembering.
Post a Comment
<< Home