Well, the weather outside is frightful...
Well, it was yesterday anyway. Today is sunny and the wind has gone down but yesterday was quite blustery. I don't know what it is about Jamestown, ND but we seem to be blessed and is seems that most of the worst weather goes around us. Usually the bad roads start at Valley City. I realize that I am becoming a pansy when it comes to cold weather. A few years ago it didn't matter how cold it was I would bundle up and take Copper for a walk and actually enjoy it. Now I don't even want to go out of the house and get in my car to drive to the store. But it gives me a good excuse to stay in and decorate for Christmas. Last night I set up the tree and got it decorated. Putting up the ornaments brought back memories, all the homemade ones the kids made in school. I love them all, even if they are getting to look a little shaby. It was so lovely when I turned out the lights and only had the tree lit. Absolutely one of my favorite things to do is sit in the dark with the tree lit, listening to Christmas music.

2 Comments:
At 4:43 AM,
barberboy said…
Hey mom. I'm sad that i didn't get to be there to help decorate the tree.
I helped Ashley and her family decorate their tree over thanksgiving and it reminded me of decorating our tree. And jeremy and i clumping the similarly-themed ornaments into little 'parties.' hehehe.
Anyways. I miss home. I'm glad i'll be there for christmas.
At 6:03 AM,
Terri said…
I have to say decorating alone is not the same as having the family here. But I can hardly wait until you all get home.
Post a Comment
<< Home