Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

A Frosty Wonderland

Today I was awakened at 3 a.m. by a phone call from Jeremy, stranded beside the interstate 17 miles from Bismarck. So I drove over to save him from freezing and so I could use my AAA to tow his car. Jen met us also and we all went out to breakfast after the car was towed to the Car Wizard. Jeremy went with Jen to Minot and I started my drive back home alone. Tiredness overtook me despite the caffeine I had ingested and I was going all over the road so finally pulled over at the rest stop to rest. Upon parking I immediately fell asleep with my head resting on my hand. I awakened to the most beautiful display of Jack Frost's handiwork I have ever seen! If it was there before I fell asleep I must have been too tired to notice. But it was one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen as I drove down the highway. Every blade of grass, every weed, fencepost, tree branch, was laden with thick white crystals! Truely a winter wonderland. As I drove closer to home the frost was there but not thick and beautiful as it was earlier. God is so awesome to provide me with such a glorious sight!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home