Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The party's over...

All the week's of planning and now it is done. And I feel it was quite a success. everyone appeared to have a good time and even indulged me in doing the conga and the hokey-pokey. The results were tallied and Valentino's was voted the best tasting pizza when compared to Domino's, Pizza Hut, Papa John's, and Godfather's. 26 of us fit quite cosily into Amy and Tim's home and it was great spending time with family and friends. I really think we need to plan these celebrations more often. The only disappointment was that it was too windy to shoot off the fireworks so they have to wait for a later date.
The morning after we returned from Iowa, my mom and I left for Bismarck for our annual Christmas shopping trip with "the girls". Even though we got a late start with the shopping, since the others had gotten there on Sunday, we were still the first ones to leave today. We got home at 5:15pm. The others were meeting at 6pm at Cold Stone Creamery for ice cream before they left. And yes, can you believe it mom and I passed that up!
It is fun getting together. I'll check with Curt and see if I can put any pictures from the party on here.
I do believe winter weather has set in. It was unseasonably warm the last few weeks but today it is probably below zero with the wind chill. Time to get out the winter weather gear.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger Angela said…

    i'm glad you're home safely! i love the pictures of you guys on ben's blog. i wish i could have been there. i look forward to seeing your pictures...and of course, the dvd.

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    yeah, it was a fun time, mom. it's not every 50 year-old that can throw a party to entertain everyone from 20 to 75. ben yancer even called it an "extravaganza." i think the hokey pokey was my favorite part.

    tim and i just finished the pizza today. we've been eating it every day since the party.

     
  • At 4:53 AM, Blogger barberboy said…

    The party was definately a success. Except for the pizza contest. Valentinos!?! It was rigged i tell you. Rigged!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home