Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Miracle #2

On August 20th I had a resection of portion of right ileum in setting of liposarcoma.(That's what it said on the consent form)  I wish I could envision what this looks like but apparently Dr. Clohisy took out a portion of my ileum that was 6.5 cm by 3 cm by 3cm.  Now he told me before the surgery that it would be more painful because he was cutting into bone but MIRACLE OF MIRACLES it wasn't true, for me anyway.  The first time I got up to go to the commode I realized that when I put weight on my foot it hardly hurt at all!  I was able to walk with no pain.  I have to be careful how I twist and bend but it is not as bad as the last surgery.  I just can't believe how good I feel.  I haven't even taken any oxycodone today.  I decided to just try the naproxen and it seems to be working.  I still have a hard time believing this is true, like is it going to start hurting later on or what?  But I know it will only get better.  I do have a drain in again but that's not the worst thing so I can put up with it for 2 weeks.  So miracle #1 was that only 60% of my gluteal muscle was removed in my first surgery and miracle #2 was that the pain was not as bad as I thought it would be with this surgery.  God is so good!  I cannot say it often enough.  Prayers have been answered.  Life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home