It's Over!!
Today was my last radiation treatment! My friend Val Nelson wanted to drive for my last treatment and another friend of mine Julie Wenner came along. When you get done with any treatment, radiation or chemotherapy, they have a bell that you are suppose to ring 3 times and this is the saying that is above the bell, "Ring this bell, three times well. Its toll to clearly say, My treatment's done this course is run and I am on my way!"
Well, you know me, I don't want to make a spectacle so I wasn't going to ring it, but Val rang if for me. And then they took a little Polaroid picture of me at the bell. I think I put it in my purse too early before it was fully developed so it turned out pretty dark.
We went to Olive Garden to eat after stopping a couple places and then headed home.
And now Angela and I are preparing to do a little camping on our way down to Iowa for Skye's 4th birthday. I hope the weather cooperates. I'm pretty excited! It's the first time in 7 years since I've been in a tent sleeping. It'll be an adventure!!
Well, you know me, I don't want to make a spectacle so I wasn't going to ring it, but Val rang if for me. And then they took a little Polaroid picture of me at the bell. I think I put it in my purse too early before it was fully developed so it turned out pretty dark.
We went to Olive Garden to eat after stopping a couple places and then headed home.
And now Angela and I are preparing to do a little camping on our way down to Iowa for Skye's 4th birthday. I hope the weather cooperates. I'm pretty excited! It's the first time in 7 years since I've been in a tent sleeping. It'll be an adventure!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home