Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

A Very Good Day

June 21, 2015- Father's Day
Angela had asked Curt what he would like to do for Father's Day and he wanted to go to Arts In The Park in Aberdeen.  So we headed down there and it was a glorious day!  Curt even took the T-top off the Jeep.  We got to the park around 11 a.m. and decided to eat before we started looking at the crafts.   I got an Indian taco with just pinto beans and no cheese or sour cream and it was delicious!!  Even treated myself to a diet Pepsi.  There was a singer performing so we listened to him while we ate our "fair food".  We walked around the booths and found a juggling show which was quite entertaining and then later there was another group, I think they were called "Union Point Pickers" or something like that and they were very good.  I purchased a couple rusted iron sculptures and then we headed out to visit Curt's sister's family.  After we got done there Curt wanted to go to Culver's for supper.  As I was eating my Strawberry Field's salad and onion rings I just started crying.  Angela asked what was wrong.  I shared with Angela and Curt that this was the first time since I was diagnosed with cancer that I felt "normal".  When I was doing the detox I wasn't going out to eat hardly at all and without me working we haven't gone out to do anything.  Much of my day is spent traveling back and forth to Fargo but not for anything fun.  It was just so great to be eating regular food and just enjoying a beautiful day with family and not being reminded of my cancer.
It was a very good day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home