Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Friday, May 30, 2008

It's raining, it's pouring!

If you read my last blog I said I was going to plant flowers...well, just as I started planting some marigolds in my square foot garden, to ward off the bugs, it started to downpour. So I reluctantly came in for a while and then I heard water pouring off the roof and saw that the gutter was plugged so I drug out the ladder and cleaned the gutter out so we wouldn't end up with water in the basement. After a short time the rain let up so once again I went to plant my flowers but once again after only planting a dozen petunias it started to rain quite hard again. I was going to try and stick it out but thought maybe I looked a bit ridiculous out there planting in the pouring rain. I don't care if it rains all day because we need the rain so bad. The flowers will get planted eventually, in the mean time they can still enjoy the rain.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home