Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Biking Journal 15

I had decided that I might take a break from riding today, especially when it was quite breezy this morning. So Curt and I spent the morning recycling and finishing up cleaning the garage. Then I got a surprise call from Angela! And as I was cleaning the kitchen I looked out the window and noticed a strange phenomena, the wind was not blowing! Right then and there I said, "I'm going biking!". So I quickly changed my clothes, checked the air in the tires and was on my way. I just wanted this to be a totally fun ride so I headed for the bike trail and for 40 minutes and 8.5 miles I was serenaded by an abundance of birds and I rode with a smile on my face the whole way. As I was headed home I got a surprise visit from a meadowlark sitting on the very top of a small tree along the trail. He let out one warble just to let me know he was there and then flew off. I thanked God for caring. It was cloudy, 58 degrees and the computer said the wind was 9 mph but I don't think it was even that while I was riding. It was lovely!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home