Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Biking Journal 10 (The Wipeout)

Curt woke me up at 11:13 a.m. from a sound sleep to present our newest problem. You know how I told you yesterday about the problem with Jeremy's car. Well, when Curt told the towing company about the seized up wheel they told him they wouldn't be picking up the car until at least next week. So now we have an unlicensed vehicle on the street which is actually worse than in the back yard so we need to move it to the garage. But God's providence shined upon us and as Curt was towing the car backwards the wheel began rolling and we were able to push it into the garage quite easily!! So anyway, I went back to bed but sleep would not come so I finally got up and decided to go for a bike ride. 71 degrees winds 12 mph from the ENE. I decided to go around the dam and practice the hills since I have been sticking to fairly flat roads lately. I was feeling good. Not even having to go in my lowest gear to get up the hills...I was saying to myself, "I can do this! I can do the CANDISC!". So I was going to circle around and take the hills again and as I was taking a corner on the bike path I had cut it a little short and was in the grass and I must have hit a rut or something because the next thing I know the bike is flying through the air and we land on the other side of the path mostly on the grass. You know what they say, "Pride cometh before a fall". I wasn't too worse for wear. My arm got scratched somehow and was bleeding but very minor abrasions on my legs. However, the derailer got bent so the only gear you can ride in is the lowest one on the front. I guess I won't be bringing my bike down and doing any riding in Lincoln this week-end :( I went 7.37 miles in 37 minutes. Now I am going to take a bath and maybe get some more sleep.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 8:25 PM, Blogger barberboy said…

    Oh, mom, i'm so sorry. I'm glad you weren't too hurt, but i'm sorry that your riding has to be scaled back while your bike gets fixed. :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home