Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Biking Journal 11

Since I got my bike back I was anxious to get out riding again. I planned to ride Sabbath afternoon but it was very windy and looked like rain. But this morning even though it was a bit windy I had a plan to ride from Edgeley to home. You see, Curt's mom had called and told us that his cousins were cleaning out his uncles house and there was a dining room table and chairs no one wanted and she knew that at one time we were looking for one so we were going to go to Ellendale to pick it up. My plan was to have Curt let me off in Edgeley on the way home and I would ride the 38 miles to Jamestown. Well, as we were talking and I was realizing how far that was we got to the rest area and Curt said that if I rode from there it would be 32 miles. So he left me off there and then went on to Ellendale and said that if I wasn't home before he came back he would stop and see if I needed a lift home. So I started towards Jamestown. The temperature was in the 60's but the wind was 22 mph from the west. Even though I didn't have to ride into it it was still a pretty strong side wind. I stopped every 5 miles for a drink and to let my body parts get feeling back in them and then would be on my way. It was a nice uneventful ride but by 20 miles I was thinking it would really be nice if Curt would come by soon. But I continued on and finally got to Jamestown. It's nice that they have bike paths when you first get into town. I got off and walked the bike across the intersections and that really seemed to help give my bottom a break so that the rest of the ride through town went well. I was dreading the "hospital hill" since it was my last leg of the ride but it really wasn't that hard. I was in the highest gear and even though I was going quite slow the pedaling wasn't hard and I made it just fine. I wish I could say I am not tired and sore but I am, even after a hot bath with my hinoki and ginger bath salts. I went 32.86 miles in 2 hours and 45 minutes. I suppose that's not bad considering it's my first time out in almost 3 weeks. I just hope I can walk at work tonight.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home