Birdwatching
It is such an incredibly beautiful day today and since my bike isn't fixed yet I opted for a walk.(I'm really sad I don't have my bike because today is the perfect biking day with very little wind). I love the walks because so many birds have returned. The bob-o-links have come back and I enjoy listening to their beautiful warbling. The wood thrush was joining in with his melodious song. I went down to the river road hoping to see some cedar waxwings and God did not disappoint me. As I neared the end of the road I heard their familiar "buzzing" and searched the trees and there they were! I also enjoyed viewing the ever elusive grey catbird. And of course there are always the regulars- robins, song sparrows, house sparrows, red-winged blackbirds, tree swallows and grackles. Even heard the little house wren that nests near the three pine trees at the corner of the walking trail. Four Canadian geese even did a fly-by. Even in my own yard I get to listen to the house finches sing their serenade. God is good!!
Labels: Happy thoughts

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home