Biking Journal 8 (Windy Determination)
Today was a true test of my determination. It was sunny and 68 degrees and I knew I had to go ride even though the computer said the wind was 20 mph with gusts up to 39 mph. The plan was to ride out to Spiritwood Lake because Curt had gone out to the cabin to help Mom with some stuff and then was going to mow the lawn out there. So I started out with a very strong side wind ( the wind was from the west) but only a mile down the road I met Curt already coming back so I turned around and headed down Hwy 10 with the wind at my back it was a breeze! I decided to ride my route out by the potato plant and then by Hillcrest and I will tell you when I turned west and was riding into the wind I swore it was a continuous gust of 39 mph. Thank goodness it was only 4 miles that I had to fight the wind but I really don't enjoy to side wind either. By the time I got home the computer said the wind was 29 mph which I think was more accurate. But I made 10.2 miles in 45 minutes.
Labels: Biking

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home