Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Monday, April 28, 2008

Biking Journal 7

I got up today and looked out the window...No Wind!! So I check the weather and sure enough, the wind is only 4 mph, the temperature is only 29 but I can deal with that, besides the sun is shining! So I eat breakfast and get out before the wind changes its mind. As I'm biking the red-winged black bird is trilling "Good morning!". And soon after the Canadian geese are hardily honking "Hello". Not to be out done the killdeer starts chortling his "Killdeer, killdeer" as he flies overhead. Periodically along the way the mallards startle and fly away, the bluejay squaks his encouragement, and the meadowlark was at his station warbling his beautiful song. Listening to the sounds of nature make the ride all worthwhile. As I was passing the farm with the 3 big dogs I glanced down at my odometer and noted the mileage...6.66. Hmmm, very interesting. I really didn't notice the coolness of the ride except that my toes were totally numb on both feet by the time I got home. I went 21.12 miles in 1 hr. and 30 minutes. I am getting a little faster but having relatively no wind helped a lot.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home