Biking Journal 6
I know, I know I have not ridden in 4 days but you have to understand it has been cold and windy for these last four days. We are talking in the 30's with winds 20mph or more. OK, enough with the excuses. This morning I was invited to an Uppercase Living Demonstration at Jodi's place and Lace came all the way from Bemiji to be the demonstrator. It was good to see her. It's really a unique way to decorate. Kind of like stenciling but it's vinyl lettering or objects you can put on your wall, a mirror, a door, even your sink! You'll have to check it out next time you come home. But of course I had to spoil the whole thing by spilling my drink on her new carpet and I felt like an idiot and of course the more Jodi said not to worry the more I cried. So I hung out in the kitchen until I got my composure.
When I got home I changed clothes and headed down the road. According to the computer the temp was 41 degrees with a north wind at 12mph. The sun was shining when I was in the house and by the time I stepped out the door there were snowflakes falling. But I took off not letting anything stop me now. Half-mile down the road I realize that I forgot my water bottle so decided instead of 20 miles I would just go 10. The thought had crossed my mind to swing by home and pick up my water bottle and continue on but as I was on the last couple miles going against the wind (which I am sure was more than 12 mph) and the snowflakes were falling again, I was OK with only going 9 miles in 40 minutes. Who knows mabe I will go out again later.
When I got home I changed clothes and headed down the road. According to the computer the temp was 41 degrees with a north wind at 12mph. The sun was shining when I was in the house and by the time I stepped out the door there were snowflakes falling. But I took off not letting anything stop me now. Half-mile down the road I realize that I forgot my water bottle so decided instead of 20 miles I would just go 10. The thought had crossed my mind to swing by home and pick up my water bottle and continue on but as I was on the last couple miles going against the wind (which I am sure was more than 12 mph) and the snowflakes were falling again, I was OK with only going 9 miles in 40 minutes. Who knows mabe I will go out again later.
Labels: Biking

1 Comments:
At 11:30 PM,
barberboy said…
You rode in the snow!?!?
Amazing.
Sorry i missed your call today. I might try to call this week, depending on how busy this week is. Hopefully it won't be as busy as last week.
Post a Comment
<< Home