Biking Journal 5
Well, today is 51 degrees, sunny with a wind at 16 mph out of the ENE. It felt more like 30 mph for some reason. But coming back I was flying! I hit 25.6 mph without too much effort. Still have big problems with my hands going numb, even with biking gloves. But I'm hoping to figure out something to keep the feeling in them. I went 11 miles in 52 minutes.
As I was riding I was noticing all the plastic bottles in the ditches and that TV ad kept coming to mind about the water bottle and I can't remember the first part of the ad but at the end it says...Forever in the landfill. I need to turn over a new leaf and go with refillable containers and just use powdered additives if I feel I need more than just water. I'm pretty slow at changing my ways but thankfully my kids have been on the right track for a long time.
As I was riding I was noticing all the plastic bottles in the ditches and that TV ad kept coming to mind about the water bottle and I can't remember the first part of the ad but at the end it says...Forever in the landfill. I need to turn over a new leaf and go with refillable containers and just use powdered additives if I feel I need more than just water. I'm pretty slow at changing my ways but thankfully my kids have been on the right track for a long time.
Labels: Biking

2 Comments:
At 7:22 PM,
Jeremy said…
Way to go mom. We have been using reusable bottles for a while but you're still on track to make a different. Good luck keeping up on the journal and biking.
jeremyandkrissy.barberbanter.com
At 9:51 AM,
Angela said…
Oh, I do love these biking adventures. You are amazing.
Post a Comment
<< Home