Biking Journal 3
Well, my children's story about my bike ride on Friday was a hit. I really didn't intend for it to be humorous but the adults were sure having a good laugh. I guess the picture of me struggling to ride my bike up a hill and dodging pot holes was quite funny. Oh, and I forgot to mention in my last blog about the farm dogs. When I went past the farm the first time I had heard all these dogs barking and was very thankful none of them came out after me but on my return journey they sent out a scout and he was standing in the middle of the road waiting for me. I could just invision him biting at my tires or grabbing my leg and down I would go, so as soon as I got near I yelled, "Back off!" and he never ran after me. Of course it could have been all the praying I did also. They seemed to enjoy that part of my story also.
Now today it was 58 degrees with a SE wind at 26 mph and sunny. I had contemplated not riding due to the wind but told myself I must go no matter the weather, so I did. It was very slow going against the wind and I forgot to time the ride but I think it took me almost an hour just to ride 9.85 miles.
You really notice the effectiveness of shelter belts when you are riding a bike! Wow! what a difference when there isn't one! I really had problems with my hands going to sleep today. I do wear biking gloves but maybe I just was hanging on tighter because of the wind or something.
Now today it was 58 degrees with a SE wind at 26 mph and sunny. I had contemplated not riding due to the wind but told myself I must go no matter the weather, so I did. It was very slow going against the wind and I forgot to time the ride but I think it took me almost an hour just to ride 9.85 miles.
You really notice the effectiveness of shelter belts when you are riding a bike! Wow! what a difference when there isn't one! I really had problems with my hands going to sleep today. I do wear biking gloves but maybe I just was hanging on tighter because of the wind or something.
Labels: Biking

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home