Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Who has seen the wind?

Actually, this blog is looking for an answer as to where the wind comes from. OK, here's the situation...I awoke this morning to a Robin singing, which happens to be the first one I've heard this spring. I got up and it looked to be a beautiful spring morning, just right for a walk. There was no wind, the sun had not yet appeared on the horizon so I decided to have my devotions first. Then as the sun is just peeking over the horizon, I hear it...the wind! Where did it come from? It had just been so peaceful. Is there some correlation to the sun coming up and the wind starting to blow? If anyone has a scientific explanation, I would like to know.
However, I did go on my walk anyway, even though it was only 30 degrees out and quite windy, but yesterday I let the wind deter me from my walk and it was 49 degrees out then. I was feeling a bit guilty. It was invigorating none the less.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger Jeremy said…

    The quick version of wind is air traveling from a warming section of earth to a cooler section or vice versa. So as air gets warmed by the sun it rises, creating a vacuum, and since nature doesn't like vacuums cold air rushes in. I think that is the basic principle of wind. The short (er) version any ways.

     
  • At 6:49 AM, Blogger Terri said…

    Thanks for sharing your wisdom :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home