Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Never say never

Well, Friday night I did something I said I would never do, and that is dye my hair. I have always loved my hair color, thought of it as one of my finer features. But I had determined that I would not become vain in my middle age years and resort to dying my hair. When I go grey, I go grey. But then,(I'll blame my husband here) when Curt was buying some hair color to cover up the grey in his beard, he convinced me I should try coloring mine. So I bought a box and brought it home and put it away thinking I would probably never use it and it was just a waste of money. But for some reason Friday night I decided to try it out...I was very nervous about the whole thing but got everything ready and as I am applying the dye it is a lavender color which really made me wonder what was going to happen here. And then I had to wait for 30 minutes, so I set the timer and went into the living room to read while I waited. After about 20 minutes I happened to look in the mirror and started to panic! My hair was carrot red! So I immediately start washing the dye out hoping that this indeed would not be the final result. After I got out of the shower and got it dried it wasn't as bad as I had feared. In fact the next morning I was waiting for Curt to say something but he didn't even notice until I asked him if he notice anything different about me and only then with some close examination did he realize I had dyed my hair. As you can tell by the picture it is a bit lighter than before but not too drastic. Whether I continue with this ruse only time will tell.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger Jeremy said…

    It looks great mom. A little lighter than I'm used to but not by much. Way to go. I probably would have been alarmed by the lavender then carrot red too. Oh and I went and got a Shamrock shake on Friday as well. Yay.

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger Angela said…

    it DOES look natural! Very nice.

    I did not get a shake today. however, tomorrow looks good. ^^

    Love you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home