Dancin' on the Ceiling
Yesterday afternoon I had an amazing experience. All of a sudden this burst of energy and happiness came over me and I was shadowboxing and dancing around the kitchen, I felt so light it seemed I could fly. I was getting ready to take a shower and get ready for work so I was picking out my clothes. Now I don't know about anyone else but I like to try and match my underwear to my outfit, not that anyone is going to notice but it just makes me feel good. So here I pick out this top with different colored hearts on it and didn't really have anything that matched and then I remembered...I had gotten 5 new pair at Victoria Secret a couple weeks ago and hadn't even taken them out of the sack yet. As I carefully opened the tissue paper, there was a lovely lavender pair, a perfect match. I was so happy I started singing "Celebrate" at the top of my lungs in the shower and didn't even care if I was on key. I was ready to party! I really think all this energy was brought on by overindulgence in chocolate. But man if I could feel that energized all the time, I could make it a habit.

4 Comments:
At 12:11 PM,
Jeremy said…
I love ya mom but that was just a little TMI for me. Glad that you are full of energy and life. Hope your day is good.
At 9:42 AM,
Carissa said…
It was not too much for me, Mom Barber, it was fabulous. I smiled and felt like celebrating just hearing about your joy. It's so much fun to forget and then remember things you bought yourself. Yay for treating yourself right.
At 11:13 AM,
Amy said…
TMI. that's funny.
mom, you are crazy. i guess i see where angela gets it from. have you read her latest blog? you two could be sisters. definitely from the same strange piece of DNA. she goes around jumping on people "in a loveable sort of way" and you shadowbox in the kitchen and sing "celebrate" in the shower when your panties match. (i'm joking in a nice way. i laugh as i write this.) i'm so glad SOME of us in the family are normal. right jeremy?
At 12:27 PM,
Jennifer LeAnn said…
I love you! You are so cute!! I must say that I share your preference to matching bloomers. How fun!
Jere and Amy - you two are goofy. Isn't it great that joy is contagious?! You all have made my day!
Post a Comment
<< Home