Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Monday, April 29, 2019

A High Day

April 26, 2019 was a very high day!  Starting out at 6:05 a.m. my granddaughter, Harriet Wren Barber was born.  She is beautiful and perfect, even has a bit of a red tint to her brown hair.  Ben and Kylie are overjoyed!
But the part of the day that was extraordinary was...OK I have to go back a bit. I don't know if I ever blogged about last fall when we were vacationing in the Black Hills and happened to attend a spiritual retreat at the Black Hills Health and Education Center.  They announced that they were looking for a nurse, a doctor and a CEO.  But when I heard they needed a nurse, I felt this burst in my heart that this is what I was suppose to do! You know after I had cancer and did the detox and watched documentaries about the broken brain, and I Thrive about diabetes and how changing your diet to a whole foods, plant based diet can help reverse most any disorder.  And I had been wondering what I was suppose to do with this knowledge and then this announcement came and I felt that this was the answer.  So I had inquired about it and Curt and I talked about it and come January I was going to move down there and eventually Curt would move when we got the house sold and he got a job but then when I got a call wanting me to be not only the nurse but the wellness director and that they still didn't have a doctor or a CEO I knew I couldn't give up my life here and go to a job that was so unstable.  So everyone here at home was very happy to know I was not leaving.  OK so now 6 months later, I get a call from Willard Werth wondering if I would consider coming again.  He said they had a new CEO and a doctor and things were looking better now.   I told him I would have to pray about it and talk to Curt.  So when I talked to Curt he said that he had applied to the SDDOC last fall but never heard from them so if they called with a job offer maybe that would be a sign.  Willard wanted me to start on May 4 so I knew I didn't have long to decide so I was really praying that God would direct me to what to do.  I really wasn't feeling the same pull to go this time and I was happy with my life here.  I had applied for social security because I lost my job at ACC because I refused to get the flu shot and then my job with Dakota Home Care was terminated because they felt the home situation was safe for us nurses so I was without a job and not sure I wanted to start another job and lose my flexibility to come and go as I please.  So I have been content with my volunteering. 
Amy and Tim went to a prayer conference in Nebraska City last week-end and I had gone down to watch the grandkids and Amy told me so many amazing stories that happen when you pray and watch God answer and work in peoples lives so I was really praying and trusting that God would lead me to the right decision.  So Wednesday, I wasn't feeling a pull to go to the BHHEC and I knew he needed an answer so I called Willard and told him I wasn't going to take the job and he tells me that he was going to call me because just in the paper that morning there was an article about Pennington County Sheriff's dept. needing correctional officers.  So I thought, is this my sign?  So I told Curt about it when he got home and I kept praying. 
I'm thinking OK, did I lose my jobs so I would be available for this?  Have I been cleaning out things, getting rid of stuff for this reason?  Did the Friendship supper fund run out so that would be one less obligation I would desert?  I didn't want mention this to anyone because everyone always tells me I can't leave!!  What would we do without you?  So I didn't want that to sway me.  So I kept praying.
Then Friday morning I was out raking in the yard and suddenly all these ideas started flooding my head about things to do for the church here in Jamestown and things I could do for the community and suddenly I knew I needed to stay here and help revitalize my church here.  So I called Willard right then and told him my decision and reason why and he was very understanding.  I was so excited about the possibilities that I was happy all day!  We got so much done in the yard and everything looked so good.  It was just a great day!!!!!!!!
So now to pursue those ideas that God gave me...I am praying for the courage to go on and know that if it is God's will that He can open doors and make things happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home