Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Update on the New Lifestyle

I had forgotten that I blogged about the start of the new food plan.  Well, after the 10 detox, Curt had lost 10# and I only 5.5# but it was a start...so I thought.  I made it through a funeral and cantata reception with not even being tempted by all the goodies (ok, maybe I was tempted a little) But I didn't give in!  So felt I was doing pretty good until I weighed 3 days later and had gained 3#.  I have to confess, I missed my toast in the morning so was having Ezekiel bread daily and I had made some gluten free/sugar-free lemon bars for the noon meal on Sabbath and even though they were allowed, they were not calorie free and I did indulge in a lot of them since hardly anyone ate them. I thought they were quiet good myself ;)  But I realized all the meat and fat along with carbs is not good so I have decided to try and follow the A+ Blood type plan and see how that works for me.  It is basically vegetarian, no dairy, can have salmon, and a lot of different fruits, which makes me happy.  I do feel that I am making healthier choices and I think it will all come together in time.  Curt is doing quite well and I'm really proud of him.  I think getting out and walking more is really going to help also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home