Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Thursday, July 12, 2018

C25K

My daughter, Amy, is going to run in a marathon in October!  When she told me I was so surprised, because truthfully, she has never been that big into running, and a MARATHON!!  But I am so proud of her and her determination.  She already ran a 10K after only training for a couple weeks.
Anyway, she told me about this app called Couch25K and said if she could run, I could run (more like jogging, at this point) ;)  Now my aspiration isn't a marathon.  What I've dreamt of doing is a Triathlon.  Of course I would start with a mini one, which is swimming 1.2 miles, biking 56 miles and running 13.1 miles.  But I like to swim and am a good swimmer, and I can bike, but the running has always kept me from even thinking about it.  But after today, I think it's a possibility... You see, I worked a 12 hour night shift last night so wasn't really thinking much about exercise today but after a 2 hour nap I got up and saw what a gorgeous day it was.  It's been in the 80's and 90's the last few days with high humidity but today only in the mid 70's.  So I decided it looked perfect for a bike ride because very little breeze.  I haven't been on my bike since last year but once I got out there it felt so good I decided to do 10 miles and it was GREAT!  Took me about an hour exactly.  I got done about noon and fixed a protein shake and watched some TV and then thought I feel like going for my C25K walk/run.  The app tells you when to start running and when to start walking and I can listen to the music I have downloaded on my phone.  It felt so good, I even did a little extra running since my route is 2 miles and the program is only 30 minutes.  I hope I feel this good every day!
I'm telling myself, "I am a triathlete"!  I can do it!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home