Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Monday, April 01, 2019

Looking Back

I've been reading "Chris Beat Cancer" and he was talking about journaling your cancer journey and it reminded me about the blogs I had done during my cancer journey 4 years ago.  It was good to look back and realize how good God was during that whole time.  In my mind I had been pretty good about sticking with the detox juicing and teas but in reading the  blog, I seemed to be eating out more than I remembered, even if I was trying to keep it vegan and organic as much as possible.
I remember thinking I would be vegan the rest of my life after that but in the past 4 years I have wandered in and out of vegan, vegetarian, pegan, and now I just call myself a flexitarian(because I seem to go with whoever I'm eating with at the time).  I know it's pretty pathetic...
I've watched documentaries and listened to podcasts and read books on how to eat more healthily but don't really stick to a rigid plan but I have to say I eat healthier and more mindful than I used to.
Starting January 1 I did a 7 day water fast because I was so disgusted with myself for eating so much sugar over the holidays and felt I needed to detox my body.  It actually was a great experience and wasn't as hard as I thought it might be.  Lost 13# and have managed to keep them off!!  I've started doing more intense exercise classes to help boost my metabolism.  Taking a few steps in the right direction and I feel really good.  I do tend to push my little gluteal muscle a lot so most times it is a little sore but it is holding up well!  My two main classes I do are Met-Con and Cycle 45 at TRAC and they are a really great work out for the whole body together.
I'm feeling good and working on losing more weight, Curt has been losing also so looking forward to this summer camping and biking and hiking!
It's been a long cold winter with almost a record number of freezing temperature days in a row and more snow than we've had in a long time but it's melting at a good rate so no flooding so far.
So many life changes lately but maybe that's for another blog...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home