Back to Square One
On Tuesday, May 5, I had the PET/CT scan at the University of Minnesota and afterwards talked with Dr. Clohisy. Very good news is that the cancer is still only confined to the tumor area but the tumor has grown about a centimeter in every dimension since the last CT scan on April 3. So it is time to act. If I would have not had the chemotherapy option given to me I would have started radiation on April 20 and could be well on my way to being more than halfway done with the radiation. Funny how your life takes so many twists and turns in just a matter of a month. Dr. Foster, the radiation oncologist at Roger Maris, just called me this morning and will be getting the ball rolling for the radiation. I have a feeling I still won't get my first radiation treatment until May 18th, but that's just my guess.
I've still decided to continue with the detox program, since I paid for all the herbs and supplements I don't want to waste that money. It will be good for my body while I'm going through radiation to get rid of some the the contaminates. It was hard to go back after giving myself the luxury of real food while we were down in the cities. However, I did continue with the vegan cuisine as much as possible.
We ate at an Indian restaurant in St. Cloud, called Paneer and I had some dish with potatoes and cauliflower with felafels as a side. Very tasty, but the best part was this mango drink that he brought us, even though we didn't even order it. It was sweet and creamy and so delicious! He was the nicest owner. I would definitely go back there just because he was such a great host.
On our way home, in honor of Cinco De Mayo, we stopped at Pancho Villa's. I had a spinach enchilada plate that was very delicious and had green sauce instead of the cheese sauce to stay with the vegan plan. But today I'm trying to get back on track with the detox.
I feel like I've been going in a big circle and am right back where I started, BUT there are some positives...1) I'm eating healthier than I ever have in my life, which I plan on making a lifelong commitment. 2) I'm losing weight. 3)If I would have started radiation on April 20, I would probably have had surgery around the time of Vacation Bible School and might have had to cancel it or postpone it for a long time. Just goes to show you how the Lord always has everything already planned out for us. "We know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28
I've still decided to continue with the detox program, since I paid for all the herbs and supplements I don't want to waste that money. It will be good for my body while I'm going through radiation to get rid of some the the contaminates. It was hard to go back after giving myself the luxury of real food while we were down in the cities. However, I did continue with the vegan cuisine as much as possible.
We ate at an Indian restaurant in St. Cloud, called Paneer and I had some dish with potatoes and cauliflower with felafels as a side. Very tasty, but the best part was this mango drink that he brought us, even though we didn't even order it. It was sweet and creamy and so delicious! He was the nicest owner. I would definitely go back there just because he was such a great host.
On our way home, in honor of Cinco De Mayo, we stopped at Pancho Villa's. I had a spinach enchilada plate that was very delicious and had green sauce instead of the cheese sauce to stay with the vegan plan. But today I'm trying to get back on track with the detox.
I feel like I've been going in a big circle and am right back where I started, BUT there are some positives...1) I'm eating healthier than I ever have in my life, which I plan on making a lifelong commitment. 2) I'm losing weight. 3)If I would have started radiation on April 20, I would probably have had surgery around the time of Vacation Bible School and might have had to cancel it or postpone it for a long time. Just goes to show you how the Lord always has everything already planned out for us. "We know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home