Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Friday, May 29, 2015

A Hard Week

I was so encouraged after Friday's treatment and feeling so good but over the week-end the aching pain seemed to be getting worse.  So other that getting a walk in every day, which were quite slow for me, I just vegged out and watched a NCIS Memorial Day Marathon.  Yea, I know, pretty pathetic.
Tuesday was my weekly visit with Dr. Foster and he thought maybe I was overdoing on the Aleeve, I take 2-tabs three times a day, and so far it has maintained my comfort at a 4.  Well, he wrote me a prescription for Oxicodone, which I was not real excited about but I thought I could give it a try.  So Tuesday evening I took one around 6 p.m. just to see how effective it would be on the pain.  The only thing it did was make me sleepy but as for the pain it did nothing.  So I woke up in the middle of the night and I was so uncomfortable I couldn't get back to sleep so I took another one.  But the next morning I just felt so drowsey and the pain was still there AND I was driving myself to the appointment.  I haven't been drinking coffee but I needed something to help get me to Fargo, so I drank a cup and took a cup for the road.   I decided to just go back to my old routine with the Aleeve and forget the Oxidodone if it's not going to do anything for the pain.
I'm not really sure why the pain level seems to be so much higher this week but I hope this doesn't continue.  I have some lavender essential oil that I've been rubbing into the painful area and it does seem to help some along with the Aleeve.
I just keep reminding myself "that there is nothing going to happen today that God and I cannot handle together".  And,"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength".
And Angela didn't make it here either.  She had some transmission issues with her car before she even left Omaha.  But she is now on her way in a rental car.  Should get here tomorrow. Yeah!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home