Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Friday, May 01, 2015

The Detox Program

Yesterday I started the detox program and I have to say even though I started out in good spirits by the afternoon I could hardly stomach all the different drinks and tinctures.  I was very discouraged and wondered how in the world I was going to do this for a month.  It seemed very regimented and every half hour or so I had to be drinking something.  But this morning I thought I would just juice a lot of the fruit and vegetable juices at one time and refrigerate them so I didn't feel like I was juicing all day.  I have been eating "real" fruits and veggies when I really feel hungry and start having a pity party.  I never thought I would see fruit like I see candy or ice cream but when you're juicing everything, a strawberry or apple brings the same pleasure I use to have eating a blizzard.  Who would have ever thought...
I do have an appointment at the University of Minnesota for a PET/CT scan on Tuesday, May 5 to see how much the tumor has grown in the last month and then I will make a decision whether to go ahead with surgery and get it out before it gets any bigger.  I just feel that I have messed around so long doing nothing but going from one doctor to another and then not liking the prospects of chemotherapy and deciding on another therapy that involves waiting even longer.  I believe this detox treatment can boost my immune system and help my body fight the cancer but I think only a miracle from God or surgery is going to remove the tumor because it's so large.
Thank you all for your continued prayers. Pray that God gives me wisdom in choosing my next course of action.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home