Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Week-end Away







Wow, where has the summer gone! Here it is already the 22nd of July. This last week-end I went down to visit Tim and Amy. Mom went with me because after the week-end in Council Bluffs we went down to see my sister, Cindy, in Kansas City.




We had a nice hot Sabbath so in the afternoon we took their boat out to Lake Manawa and had a relaxing time cruising around the lake. It felt a little cooler on the water, it was in the 90's with a very high humidity. As you can see in the pictures, Tim, Amy, and Smokey took a dip but Mom and I didn't have our swimming suits. When we got back we talked to Angela and Klaralynn through Skype so got to see them too. It sounded like they had a fun Saturday night. They are quite the party animals. They love to dance. Then we got to talk to Jeremy and Krissy with Skype also. They showed us their amazing patio garden! I don't know how they can grow so much in such a small space. Jeremy is getting so fit. He's down to 185# and he's 6'1''! I'd love to get down to 185# and I'm 5'5''. I have a lot of work ahead of me to get there and below.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger barberboy said…

    Jeremy's 185! Crazy kid!

    I'm glad you posted pictures of your weekend. Ashley and I were sad that it didn't work out to see you, but it sounds like you had fun with Amy and Tim. And the KC Crew.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home