Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

God Sightings

We started VBS on Monday, High Seas Expedition, and it's been great! God has blessed us with more kids than we've ever had before. I think we are close to 50. But of course that posed a problem for me because I didn't plan for that many and so we are running out of our "Bible buddies", crafts and such. So my faith was tested yesterday as I was having a major melt down after I got home from VBS, worrying about how I was going to rectify this dilemma. All the time I was laying on my bed crying the words to our VBS songs kept running through my head..."Trust in the Lord with all your heart...", "and I won't worry about tomorrow, I'll trust in what You say...". And I thought, "I am not living out what I am trying to teach the children this week". So I asked for forgiveness and the Lord gave the peace I needed and helped me find a solution to my problems. And then this morning He blessed me with such a beautiful day that I just had to go for a bike ride. It was perfect! The birds were singing their hearts out and it gave me such enjoyment. Once again I was overwhelmed with what an awesome God I serve! (God sightings are moments during your day when you see God being revealed to you. It's what the kids are looking for everyday and we record them and are making a very long paper chain to display at the program.)

1 Comments:

  • At 7:09 AM, Blogger Angela said…

    I really like that paper chain idea for kids. With so many kids, you'll have a super long chain!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home