"Living a Guilt-free Life"
This blog should be dated July 3, 2010 but it was a pretty hectic but fun week-end and then work got in the way, so here it is Wednesday already.
Well, I finally gave by testimony in front of the church. After 7 years, Chrystal finally encouraged me to do it and offered me the opportunity. I was hoping I could do it with less crying but between the emotionality of it and nerves and no sleep, it was pretty much a given that there would be tears and lots of them. It felt good to tell my story and I hope they got the point that God never gives up on us and the life-changing feeling when you finally let go of the guilt of past sins. Accepting the free gift of forgiveness and the freedom it gives you. Not the freedom to sin but the freedom from the guilt of sin. All the church members and visitors were so kind and supportive afterwards. I hope they really took away a blessing from it and weren't only being kind. They all seemed very genuine in their what they said. I sang the Damaris Carbo song,"He Has Forgiven Me" after my testimony and I really had a hard time getting through it. It has been like my theme song ever since I heard it. I could have written that song, it fits my life so perfectly. But Satan never stops trying to get me back into the old trap of guilt. I've been better about looking "him in the eye with confidence and say, "He has forgiven me. My sin has been washed from His memory. By the Blood of the Lamb of Calvary, He has forgiven me."
I just love the Lord more everyday! He is so amazing!
Well, I finally gave by testimony in front of the church. After 7 years, Chrystal finally encouraged me to do it and offered me the opportunity. I was hoping I could do it with less crying but between the emotionality of it and nerves and no sleep, it was pretty much a given that there would be tears and lots of them. It felt good to tell my story and I hope they got the point that God never gives up on us and the life-changing feeling when you finally let go of the guilt of past sins. Accepting the free gift of forgiveness and the freedom it gives you. Not the freedom to sin but the freedom from the guilt of sin. All the church members and visitors were so kind and supportive afterwards. I hope they really took away a blessing from it and weren't only being kind. They all seemed very genuine in their what they said. I sang the Damaris Carbo song,"He Has Forgiven Me" after my testimony and I really had a hard time getting through it. It has been like my theme song ever since I heard it. I could have written that song, it fits my life so perfectly. But Satan never stops trying to get me back into the old trap of guilt. I've been better about looking "him in the eye with confidence and say, "He has forgiven me. My sin has been washed from His memory. By the Blood of the Lamb of Calvary, He has forgiven me."
I just love the Lord more everyday! He is so amazing!
Labels: Blessings, new experiences

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home