Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Sunday, April 04, 2010

Last Week-end




It's already been a week since I was down in Lincoln for a most enjoyable time with family. The drawing card this time was the play, "That's What Makes Them Pirates" being perfromed at Union College and Ben was a member of the pirate band. I wish I had a picture to share with you but as always I take the camera but never take pictures. Ben is so multi-talented and played the mandolin, melodica, acoustic and electric guitar (not all at the same time however). The play was very well done and we had a good time. We were fortunate to have Brett and Cindy join us for the week-end also.
Saturday we went to church in Belluvue, NE with Tim and Amy. Brett also joined us there and then we all headed to Lincoln where we had a wonderful lunch of haystacks with Ben and Ashley. Saturday evening we went to Ivana Cone for treats since it was Mom's birthday and Tim and Amy's anniversary and then went to the play.
After breakfast at the motel on Sunday morning Cindy left for KC and we went shopping at Scheels and Rocket Fizz and then had a late lunch at Chipoltle where we said our good-byes to Brett, Tim and Amy. Curt, Mom and I went back to Ben and Ashley's and took a walk with them to Holmes Lake and tossed the frisbee around and then all went to the motel and watched
"Wall-E". Monday morning we headed home. As always it was a fun week-end with family.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home