Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Great Week-end and more







I had been feeling a little down of late and decided I needed my "kid fix" so after a long week of working I headed down to Iowa for the week-end. In the front seat I had my trusted companion, Buddy. He was going to his new home at the Tanner residence and is the pilot for the "GeeBee" plane I was delivering there. (see pictures)
I love traveling by myself. It gives me lots of time to think and talk to God and just try to figure out life. With my children's help I realized that don't have to be a "super Christian". It's alright if I'm not comfortable being in a prayer group or giving Bible studies. God gives each of us gifts and He doesn't expect a round peg to fit into a square hole. We will be comforable doing what He gave us the gifts for. For me it's music and counseling. It makes me feel very good when I can help someone out with a problem at work or anywhere else and if there is anything to do with music I am there. So I am feeling much better about myself and my walk with God.
Amy is looking more like a "mommy" every day. She is so beautiful, inside and out. She made a delicious Sabbath meal of corned beef, cabbage, and vegetables. Ben and Ashley joined us for dinner and Ashley made a "to die for" carrot cake. Yummy! We finished up the evening playing Mexican train dominos and eating popcorn and fruit salad. Sunday I got to tour the house Tim and Amy are going to purchase. Lots of new changes for them!
We are getting the basement ready for the new drain tile being put in on Monday. Yesterday I went for a walk outside! The sun was actually shining! After 21 days of no sun it was a real treat :) Today started out sunny but is already clouding over.
We're going for a rustic cabin look in our bedroom and bought a new bedroom set yesterday so I'm going to be taking things off the wall and moving out the dressers to make room for new ones. Also it will eventually involve painting the room but I won't be able to get it done before they deliver the set. One thing at a time. I'll post picures when we get done.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home