Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Blessings

Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone. Yesterday, I had to say good-bye to Ben and Ashley and Tim and Amy. We had such a fun week-end and holiday together that I wish it would never have to end. The house that seemed so small when everyone was here now seems big and empty.
Thanksgiving dinner at my house was a first. We always have it at Mom's house on the farm but since I had to work and wouldn't be able to go out to the farm, they decided to have it here. And it was doable because the numbers were small, there were only 7 of us so my small table held us all, barely. Saturday was almost a repeat of Thursday except instead of John Rivera, we had Brandon, Cole and Jordyn join us for dinner.
Since the kids won't be home for Christmas we invited Warren and Carol up and had our traditional reading of the Christmas story by candle light with eggnog and cookies after, with a toast with sparkling grape juice. The kids opened their presents and we had fun playing Rock Band/Guitar Hero World Tour.
It was great hearing from Angela and Brett. I missed Brian's call once again. It would be so great to all be able to be together for the holidays always but that will never happen in this lifetime I'm afraid. But I treasure every moment that we can get together or talk. I hate that so often I let work and "life" get in the way of spending time doing things that mean the most, time with family, friends and God. I am thankful that they all forgive me for my occasional thoughlessness.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home