Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Friday, July 25, 2008

Biking Journal 44 (The New Seat)


The instructions on the package for the new bike seat said that it might take a little tweeking before you get the seat adjusted right, and they weren't lying. I have put my seat down, tipped it forward, back, put the seat back up and I think I am going to get it right soon. Craig was right about using your arms more to help balance but I think it is going to be alright. I rode out to the cabin today because Curt went out to mow. Thank goodness he had to stop for gas before he left because when I started out I didn't know what was wrong with the bike. I was working so hard to peddle, it felt like the brake was on or something. I was riding into a head wind, but it was never that hard before and I didn't think the new seat would make that much difference. So I stopped and noticed that the tire had been rubbing on the frame and was setting crooked. Somehow when we put the tire back on we must not have everything quite right. But Curt came along and got it fixed for me and I went on my merry way. I have to say it is a big relief not to have the front pressure but the way I had the seat adjusted I was riding on my seat bones which isn't all that comfortable either but I realized if I moved up a little farther on the seat it was a whole lot more comfortable so I'm going to try moving the seat back farther so I can sit more forward on the seat and see how that works.


After I got out to the cabin and Curt got done mowing we went for a nice swim in the lake. It was much clearer today and no scum! The water was a little chilly because the outside temp was only 75 but it was fun anyway.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home