Biking 101
Thursday, I went to Fargo by myself and instead of taking the whole bike with me I only took the seat. It had a 30 day return garrantee if you didn't love it. And I really wanted to love it because it had good reviews but it really wasn't any better than my old seat as far as the pressure on the front. Craig at Paramount Sports didn't really have much more to recommend and I said what I really need is a seat without a nose on it. And we are wandering over to the wall of seats and there it was! A seat without a nose! I picked it up and said, "They actually make one!". Craig however was not as excited as I was. He tried to talk me out of it, saying that you really have to use your arms for balance because the nose part of the seat is what helps you keep your balance on the bike. But I'll tell you at this point I'm ready to try anything. After all the CANDISC is only a little over a week away.
I also bought some new tubes and a new tire for the bike. But when I got home I tried the old tube that Curt had patched and the old tire but the patch didn't hold so we just put on a new tube and tire. And Craig was so great a Paramount Sports, I had made the comment that what I really should have had was a course in Biking 101 because I don't even know how to change my own tire and so he showed my how and then had me demonstrate back and when I got home I actually put the new tube and tire on myself. Now I just have to learn how to get the back tire on and off with all the derailer and stuff. All I know is that you get your hands really greasy.
I also bought some new tubes and a new tire for the bike. But when I got home I tried the old tube that Curt had patched and the old tire but the patch didn't hold so we just put on a new tube and tire. And Craig was so great a Paramount Sports, I had made the comment that what I really should have had was a course in Biking 101 because I don't even know how to change my own tire and so he showed my how and then had me demonstrate back and when I got home I actually put the new tube and tire on myself. Now I just have to learn how to get the back tire on and off with all the derailer and stuff. All I know is that you get your hands really greasy.
Labels: Biking

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home