Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Biking Journal 41

Friday morning was taken up by paying bills and buying groceries but finally by 11:30 a.m. I was ready to head out to the lake to spend the rest of the day with Mom and Cindy. My leg had healed amazingly fast. The healing power that God built into our bodies always boggles my mind! Anyway, I rode 17.3 miles out to the cabin expecting to go swimming only to find that the thick scum had come back after the rain. So we spent some time weeding and planting wildflower seeds and then had some snacks and lemonade. We worked on making some more butterflies out of plastic bottles and prayed that the scum would move out so we could go swimming. Finally we bit the bullet and went in anyway. The further out we went the less green it was but green none the less. But the water was just the perfect temperature and we enjoyed ourselves in spite of the algae. I made sure I washed and dried off well because my biggest fear was getting swimmer's itch. Something I pray I never get again. Then I rode back to town with Cindy and had to say our good-byes. It was great being able to spent time with my sister!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home