Sabbath Joys
I got to church today and as usual, forgot there was potluck and found out they were going to the park again. So I decided I would just take the strawberries that I had cut up for breakfast, some vegetarian beans and a bag of chips and go anyway. I have to say it was probably the smallest amount of food I have seen at a potluck in a long time but there was enough for all and I had taken extra plates and plastic silverware and just had enough for all the visitors. At 2:30 we put on a short program at Hi-Acres Manor and the residents really seemed to enjoy it. I practiced some songs on the guitar and then planned on doing some reading but ended up sleeping instead. My plan was to ride my bike out to the dam to watch the sunset but I started listening to a marriage counseling CD and didn't realize how late it was getting. I took off anyway and had just set myself down on the bench when out of nowhere it started raining. I thought at first it was just going to be a little sprinkle so I sat a little longer but no it continued to get stronger so I decided I best get home. It seems that the little shower took more than me by surprise because there were alot of others out getting wet too. It was an enjoyable Sabbath!
Labels: Blessings

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home