"I know the plans I have for you..."
I had an epiphany today as I was having my devotions. I was reading the Desire of Ages and here it was,"So utterly was Christ emptied of self that He made no plans for Himself. He accepted God's plans for Him, and day by day the Father unfolded His plans. So should we depend upon God, that our lives may be the simple outworking of His will...He has appointed us our work, and has endowed us with faculties and means for that work. So long as we surrender the will to God, and trust in His strength and wisdom, we shall be guided in safe paths, to fulfill our appointed part in His great plan." It immediately brought to mind the verse in Jeremiah, "I know the plans I have for you...plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." When I read these passages I just began to cry, I was so overwhelmed thinking about how much God loves me and cares about my life and future. And here I am everyday practically planning every minute, thinking about all I need to accomplish and becoming totally overwhelmed with the thought.
You see just 2 days ago I was again in tears as I was making a mental list of all the things I wanted to accomplish:
1. Exercise every day
2. Spend more time in prayer and devotions
3. Complete my counseling course
4. Start a budget and read and listen to the Dave Ramsey "Financial Peace" course(which I received from my children for Christmas)
5. Start my "Marriage Mentoring" course(which I received from my husband for Christmas)
6. Undecorate my house from Christmas
7. Start eating healthy and lose weight
8. Get my primary room at church set up and ready to go
Besides working full-time and trying to get enough sleep. I was overwhelmed and knew there was not enough time in the day to accomplish all this. And then I read this in the Desire of Ages and was reminded that all I have to do is give my will to the Lord and He will accomplish His plan through me. His plans, not mine! Pray for me and I pray that you will also let Him work in your life.
You see just 2 days ago I was again in tears as I was making a mental list of all the things I wanted to accomplish:
1. Exercise every day
2. Spend more time in prayer and devotions
3. Complete my counseling course
4. Start a budget and read and listen to the Dave Ramsey "Financial Peace" course(which I received from my children for Christmas)
5. Start my "Marriage Mentoring" course(which I received from my husband for Christmas)
6. Undecorate my house from Christmas
7. Start eating healthy and lose weight
8. Get my primary room at church set up and ready to go
Besides working full-time and trying to get enough sleep. I was overwhelmed and knew there was not enough time in the day to accomplish all this. And then I read this in the Desire of Ages and was reminded that all I have to do is give my will to the Lord and He will accomplish His plan through me. His plans, not mine! Pray for me and I pray that you will also let Him work in your life.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home