Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

FaceBook

Well, today I don't know if I felt like I accomplished a lot or wasted a lot of time.  All in all I felt like it was a great day.  Started out with my walk with a friend, went to lunch with another friend.  Distributed a few magnets that advertise out Friendship supper for the church. And then sat down at the computer to work on my Facebook business page.  One of the distributors had said you need to set hours for your business everyday just as you do your job so I decided that this afternoon would be that time.  All in all I probably only spent 2-1/2 hours on it but that seemed like a lot.  Of course some of that was watching videos and deciding what I wanted to add to my business page, inviting friends to my business page and posting something on my regular Facebook page.  You know it's all a process of getting to know people and commenting on their posts so they'll check out yours.  I'm just trying to get more visible.  Then I remembered about the farmer's market today so I went to that and bought something from every vendor except the one selling knitted items.  And then I had something to post about.  Because I haven't had a post on Facebook for about a week so it was about time but I just hadn't had much to post about.  My friend Beth D. asked me if I wanted to go to a candlelight vigil they were having for Savannah Greywind who was killed in Fargo.  It was a terrible tragedy that you would never think would happen in North Dakota.  Savannah was 8 months pregnant and a women in her apartment building lured her up to her apartment and then killed her for her baby.  It's crazy, crazy, crazy!  I was glad I went to show support and thankful that Beth asked me to go because I don't think I would have gone by myself.  But I am trying to be more part of the community so trying to step out of my comfort zone.  I never did end of posting anything new on my business page, was thinking of maybe doing a live video.  We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home