Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Thursday, April 30, 2015

The New Treatment Plan

On Tuesday I received the starter kit for Dr Schulze's Incurable program.  Tuesday night I read the book and was a bit overwhelmed with all the different drinks and regimen that one has to do.  It seemed like it was going to be a full time job just trying to keep up on everything.
 On Tuesday morning I went walking with a friend of mine and she was saying how she had never heard of anyone with sarcoma until I had it and then just recently she had heard of two people who died of sarcoma in a relatively short period of time after their diagnosis.  It got me to thinking.  Since my diagnosis I haven't really ever thought about dying being an option for me.  Yes, I had been given a 50/50 chance of the cancer not coming back after treatment, but always knew I would win the fight.  But after my friend told me about the other two cases, and these people were about my age, I thought maybe I should talk to my orthopedic oncologist about the severity of my sarcoma.  So I called his office and left a message and he called me back yesterday.  He was quite concerned that I had chosen not to at least have radiation and surgery and said he understood my concern with chemotherapy.  So I will be going to the U of M for a PET/CT scan just to see how much it has grown or not grown in the last month and I will make my decision about surgery at that time.  Should get a call today about when I will go down for that.
But for now I started the regimen this morning. Got a later start with all the juicing and blending this morning but I have managed to drink everything so far.  I was surprised the detox tea was actually pretty tasty.  That's good because I have to drink 2 cups of it 3 times a day.
I suppose I better go and see what's next on the agenda for my drinks :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home