Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

The first step

This natural healing process involves a lot of juicing.  Since I don't have a juicer, I borrowed one from a friend of mine this morning.  Even though I'm not quite sure what I'm doing, I decided to start the juicing tonight for supper.  The juice included carrots, celery, asparagus, kale, garlic, and an apple.  It was really very tasty.  Before I drank it I raised the glass and asked for a blessing on it and offered it as a sacrifice for healing.  I also asked forgiveness for taking my healthy body for granted all these years.  I always had good intentions to eat healthy and exercise more and had short bouts of success but always seemed to resort back to my bad habits.  I have been known to do a little eye rolling when my kids would be buying organic food and drinking filtered water.  Now here I am doing it as a matter of life or death.  I shouldn't have let it come to this but I know that much good will come through this trial in my life.  I want to thank all of you who are lifting me up in your prayers.  I will need much love and support through this cancer journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home