Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

My morning walk

It was a beautiful walk this morning. I don't often take my walks in the dark but with the sun coming up so late I decided to give it a try. The sky was so beautiful when I started out. There was only a small cresent of a moon so the stars were quite bright. Orion, Cassiopeia, the Big Dipper... all were brilliant! When I got to the bike path there were no more street lights and I think I have been watching too much NCIS and was spooking myself out, so I just went a short distance on the path and then got back on the streets. It was fun seeing the town wake up, kids waiting for the bus, people leaving for work...And the sky changing from one canvas to another. Gradually all the stars faded and only the moon was still visable as the sky lightened. After they disappear it's hard to imagine the stars are still up there in space. I am always so thankful for the beauty God surrounds me with.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home