After the lemonade diet
Well, I stopped the lemonade diet after Saturday. We went down to see Curt's folks in Aberdeen yesterday and I thought it would be too hard to continue it. Besides I was ready to eat some solid food. I did try and limit it to mostly fruits and vegetables though.
But anyway, I did lose 4 pounds in 4 days. Most of which I suppose will come back after I start eating food again. But all the time I was on it I had really good energy and alertness. I could exercise and not feel exhausted and worked Thursday night and felt more awake than most nights when I'm drinking caffeine. So I am going to stay off caffeine and I have replaced my morning cup of coffee with tea now, which may take some getting used to.
One thing that the diet did not do is cleanse my colon. Even drinking the saline flush at night, it did not produce results. But I never felt bloated or uncomfortable.
All in all it was a good experience. I realized that I do indeed have will power and am determined to use that will power to just continue on with a healthy lifestyle and hopefully continued weight loss.
But anyway, I did lose 4 pounds in 4 days. Most of which I suppose will come back after I start eating food again. But all the time I was on it I had really good energy and alertness. I could exercise and not feel exhausted and worked Thursday night and felt more awake than most nights when I'm drinking caffeine. So I am going to stay off caffeine and I have replaced my morning cup of coffee with tea now, which may take some getting used to.
One thing that the diet did not do is cleanse my colon. Even drinking the saline flush at night, it did not produce results. But I never felt bloated or uncomfortable.
All in all it was a good experience. I realized that I do indeed have will power and am determined to use that will power to just continue on with a healthy lifestyle and hopefully continued weight loss.
Labels: New beginnings, new experiences

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home