Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Our Blackhills Vacation












































































































































































I haven't had time since returning from the Blackhills last week-end to post any pictures. My vacation ended quite abruptly when we were driving back on Monday and I got a call from work at 6:08 pm asking me if I was coming to work. I had forgotten that I picked up an extra shift. But I got to work by 9 pm and they got along without me until then. We had a great time while we were in the Blackhills. The weather was perfect, like it has been since we got home. Saturday morning we went to Wind Cave National Park and I took the tour. Then we took the wildlife drive through Custer State Park and saw buffalo, antelope, deer, wild burros, and mountain sheep. We drove the Needles Highway and stayed in Hill City that night and then drove up Spearfish Canyon on Sunday and took in Roughlock Falls. We got to Spearfish at noon so decided to drive to Devils Tower and then go on to Gillette where Curt's folks were visiting his sister, Claudine and her family. We started out Monday morning for our long drive home.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home