Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Getting ready for winter

I have decided that I need to make a list of things that I want to get accomplished so when I have a day off I can get some of them checked off. So today I got a start on it. We got the freezer in the garage defrosted, took our recycling to the center, and I picked a big basket of apples. Even though we haven't had a hard frost yet the birds are getting to the nice big red ones so I wanted to get them off before the birds got them all. So you can guess what I am going to be doing tomorrow. Yup, applesauce making time! I'm setting up my apple processing plant downstairs. I bought a sturdy fold up table so I can do the peeling and pureeing down there and then just bring the apples up to be cooked and canned. Keeps some of the mess out of the kitchen. Besides, I'll get some exercise going up and down the stairs. So what I usually do it watch old movies that I've seen a lot so I don't have to concentrate to much while I'm peeling and such. So "Calamity Jane" is usually my movie of choice. I think I am all set to get an early start tomorrow and get a lot accomplished. I hope nothing happens to spoil my plans.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home