Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fall Cleaning

I've never been one much for fall cleaning, or spring for that matter. And I'm not sure if it even had anything to do with it being the first day of fall, but somehow the thought came to me this morning that I should make a trip to Goodwill. So I told Curt to check his closet for any clothes he might want to get rid of and I started going through my closet which led to the closet in Jeremy's room and downstairs. I'm not sure where the desk drawers came in and then the shelves and cabinet in the laundry area but before I knew it I had 5 grapefruit boxes, a black garbage bag and another bag of shoes ready to donate. Another two black garbage bags were headed for the trash. Now you would think that getting rid of that much stuff would definately make a difference in the looks of the closets, drawers, and shelves but unfortunately I still have the cluttered look. I guess I need someone to come and help me organize because I certainly don't have the knack. But it still feels good knowing that there is less of the clutter there. And it did turn out to be a perfect autumn day with sunshine and 63 degrees :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home