Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy Autumn

Well, today definately feels like fall. Only 52 degrees and cloudy. I'm looking forward to bringing out my sweatshirts and cuddling up. The celebrity cipher today was from George Eliot and I totally agree with him, "...if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns." It is a most beautiful time of year. Happy autumn to everyone!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    That is a great quote!

     
  • At 6:32 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    P.S. George Eliot is actually the nom de plume (pen name) of Mary Anne Evans, a woman. She wrote the novel Middlemarch (that's the only work of hers that I've read). She wanted her works to be taken more seriously, and also to have more privacy, which is why she used the pen name.

     
  • At 1:20 PM, Blogger Terri said…

    Thanks for the insight :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home