Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Two Years to Freedom

I had an epiphany just a few minutes ago, right after I e-mailed Angela. I was thinking how brave it was of her to sell all her earthly belongings and go on an adventure. I started looking around at all the "stuff" I have accumulated over the years and began wondering how I would ever begin to get rid of it all and then suddenly I realized, "Why not!". If I unburdened myself with all of this I could be traveling the country in my RV. Stopping wherever I wanted and finding the most beautiful spots to stop and savor the beauty with no time limits or restraints. And then I got very excited about the prospect of fixing up the house so it would be sellable, selling everything and using the money to buy an RV and really start living! So now my goal is to be debt free in 2 years, so bring on the overtime! It will just get me that much closer to my dream! I think I like this thought a lot. Call me crazy but it makes me happy just thinking about the possibilities :)

2 Comments:

  • At 5:30 PM, Blogger Angela said…

    I like it! I think you`re right, also. Even when in a position that is not ideal, having a dream or goal makes it bearable. Just think, with an RV lifestyle it will be much easier to visit your grandchildren someday! I hope it all goes well.

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger Terri said…

    Thanks for the encouragement. Your grandmother thought I was crazy when I told her about it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home