Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Saturday, October 03, 2009

A stale doughnut

The pastor's sermon today was entitled, "Survival or Revival". The theme was about being "stale" Christians. He described me perfectly in the dictionary's reference to stale..."having lost freshness", "no longer new and interesting", "ineffective, as being in a job too long and losing your drive". It fit me to a tee, in my job, marriage, Primary S.S. leader, exercise...I have become STALE.

When I drove into the driveway and shut the car off, I sat and cried out to God to show me the way, fill me with the Holy Spirit, revive my soul. I want to get back that "first love" feeling again and find peace and happiness. I pray that God will help me to become the person He desires me to be. He needs to show me clearly and speak loudly because it seems I have become a little blind and deaf lately, spiritually speaking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home